Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Warrior of words

By Virginia Winder

It's time to stand up. 

For too long I've been lying down (quite literally lately), hiding behind my journalistic shroud of impartiality. 

Enough. It's time to speak out on the things I care about. On people, our planet, mental and physical health, creativity, peace, equality and spirituality. 

It's time to be a warrior of words. To interview, to research, look deeply, to save the world - all the reasons I became a journalist in the first place all those 30-plus years ago. 

This is my New Year's pledge. 

Also, 2017 will be a time to improve my writing style; to dance with words, to try new techniques and become a more exciting and moving storyteller. I'm doing an online course through Future Learn, which is at all of our fingertips for free.

The aim is to write this blog once a week because regular schedules work for me.

There will be features, opinion pieces, personal stories (mine and yours), music and film reviews - anything that moves me in some way.  

Expect VW's Vibrant World to challenge, inspire and be filled with people.  

They could be you. 

So don't be surprised if you hear from me with a request to tell your story or to comment on a compelling issue.

We're all the good guys and we need to save the day. 

6 comments: